Hello ????
Posted by: Ron (H) ()
Date: August 13, 2001 04:17AM

No image, though i understand & agree with some of your points....
There is still a lot of image. Its just which image you prefer. I have to say it again yesterday i was at Lokeren for The Sign. When the crew was preparing everything for their concert there was a HUGE guy walking on stage, With long hair and a purple jacket !!. You immediatly knew it had to a musician !!! Why ???? Well roadies don't wear purple jackets & their hair is not that long. So ! you immediately reconise a rocker ! I think thats cool. I think Mark Mangold has a cool performance (like i said "waving" hands a lot) for example the keyboard solo on a portable keyboard for heaven's sake. I don't think since A-ha those things are being used much. I do know Spock's Beard are using one night after night. Next man Randy cool as he**l. I mentioned his double-neck guitar, ok he didn't use it that night, but lets be honest double-neck is pure rock'n roll. And Teddy, he dances around the stage, sings very well during Ayreon and i immediately loved him. I'm myself play keyboards. Well i'm 26 years old, so not anymore of "spice-girl-age" but when i see those guys, i something like, wow ! i would like to be more like that. You know those guys are breathing music !! I'm sure i'm not the only guy/girl who feels like that. So maybe their image is not completely up to date there still is that same chemistry ! Seeing is believing ! Nothing wrong with those guys. What is there else to do ??? Should they dress like Cinderella or Bon Jovi in their early days ??? Come on man, they would be shot !!.

Their only problem is airplay. Back To Eden, Seventh Key contain major-world hits, those albums are full of hits. Only if radio is prepared to give them a change. By the way an american musical research proofed that ROCK is still the best selling genre in the world. 'R n'B, Latin ore wathever aren't coming close ! And the people of 30 years and older buy more cd's than the younger people ! Only problem is that there is sooooo many rock. From the Stones to Cradle of Filth at the end its all rock. If only radio would give some of the better melodic acts a chance ! The music, image, performances, web-sites, magazines....nothing wrong its all fantastic . And for now... after all its still Sunday... lets have a little faith and stop worrying or complaining about the genre we love so much. Cause do you really want Back to Eden sell 20.000.000 copies ? ..........

Ronald

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The AOR genre lacking image, concept and attitude. 63 Daniel 08/13/2001 12:59AM
Re: The AOR genre lacking image, concept and attit 56 alex siedler 08/13/2001 01:33AM
Re: Hello ???? 56 britny 08/13/2001 05:35AM
sad but true 52 sfk kurt 08/13/2001 01:41AM
Re: The AOR genre lacking image, concept and attit 57 Rachael 08/13/2001 03:24AM
Hello ????53 Ron (H) 08/13/2001 04:17AM
Re: Hello ???? 56 Daniel 08/13/2001 06:04AM
Re: AOR = Image? 45 Capt. Crunch 08/13/2001 07:08AM
they really did have image though 51 sfk kurt 08/13/2001 11:15AM
Re: they really did have image though 58 Capt. Crunch 08/13/2001 12:33PM
you answered your own question 55 sfk kurt 08/13/2001 10:05PM
some acts are still larger than life 56 sfk kurt 08/13/2001 11:13AM
It's music's job to alienate the old 62 koogles 08/13/2001 11:43AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.