Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!!
Posted by: Tavas ()
Date: August 12, 2001 11:12PM

Well Ron...you saved me a lot of work...there's not much I can add...but I'll try...

*Like every year in Lokeren, the melodic rock band (the Sign was announced as symphonic rock, but we all know better) plays the 2nd gig out of 3 acts and as always only a very small percentage of the people know the rock band...
I think yesterday there were about 200 (?) people who knew the band before the gig..the other 7000 (?) do now.
I don't know whether they sold many copies of their album, I think the (very divers)crowd liked the band but as often when you play melodic rock to 'normal' people, it's like: "Oh yeah, I like it, but I probably wouldn't buy it myself..."

*the show was very very good, the 2 absolute highlights (for me) were
a. the first line of "Love lies dying"...you know that I've been here before...
:Terry at his absolute best...so much emotion in that voice.....amazing....goosebumps all over the place !!!
This must have been one of the best vocals lines I ever heard live....
b. "Drivin' Wheel" with "Highway Star" in the middle...this rocked big time !!!

Also a very nice moment happened during "Forever again" dedicated to this boy Steven in an electric wheel-chair, who was on stage for that song...
In the middle of the song Steven turned on the orange lights of his wheel-chair and starting giving a light show on his own...great job Steven !!!!

*Here's the the complete setlist (85 minutes)
1. I'm Alive
2. Crossed the line
3. Ayreon
4. Stranded
5. Wine
6. Light of the moon (Terry Brock)
7. Signs of Life
8. Love lies dying (Strangeways) !!!!!
9. Tell me what you want (Zebra)
in comes Al Fritsch...
10. Don't you know (Drive She Said)
11. If this is love (Drive She Said)
12. Forever Again...dedicated to Steven from Lokeren
13. Drivin' wheel+Highway Star
-----------------
14. Love is Alive (Ron, I think this one is also from The Sign... a japanese bonus track)

*Then like Ron mentioned, there was the size of Al Fritsch that blew some away...this guy is in the "Jon Oliva"-league now...
I heard some locals say:
"who's that ? Al Fritsch....you probably mean Large Frits"
As you all know (are maybe not)...in Belgium "french fries" are called "friet"...so the link was obvious...
But I have to admit, his singing and guitar playing was top notch !!!!

*Ron mentioned the intro to "Love is Alive" but I think he must have been dreaming at that moment as this had nothing to do with "Eruption"...it was real shredding that's for sure...

*Terry had also picked up some Dutch for the occasion...although he didn't get much further than "zeer goed" (very good)...that summed up the evening quite well.

So that's all folks...for those who came to Lokeren...hope you had a good time at the Lokerse Feesten....

Greetings (from Belgium)

Tavas

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Sign; LIVE !!!!! 63 Ron (H) 08/12/2001 05:59PM
Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!!51 Tavas 08/12/2001 11:12PM
Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!! 56 Don Wishon 08/14/2001 03:58AM
Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!! 47 Ron (H) 08/13/2001 03:49AM
He was wearing a WHAT ?? 48 Sven 08/13/2001 05:49PM
Re: He was wearing a WHAT ?? 44Ron (H)08/13/2001 09:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.