The Sign; LIVE !!!!!
Posted by: Ron (H) ()
Date: August 12, 2001 05:59PM

When i visited the famous Biebob-club for the first time, when Ten & Bob Catley were playing there everything, thing turned out to be smaller then expected. Especially the club itself but also Bob, Vinny and Bob's band. By the way also the both sets should have last a little longer. Anyway back to yesterday....This time everything was much bigger then expected. The stage was really huge. Really "stadium-rock size" . The (cover) band before The Sign was doing a good job and received good response from the audience. From where i was standing it looked crowded at the front of the stage and i thought i would end up at the 20th row or something instead of the FIRST where Patrick told he would be. After that band had finished all the people seemed to dissapear and i could easily walk to the first row.(Tavas was hanging around there also) Now i was getting a bit afraid, that all those people werent coming back. But but no worries, when The Sign played it got busier and i must give my compliments to the Lokeren audience, for the good response on a band they didn't knew.

Part two.
What was really much,much bigger than expected was Mr All Fritsch. You won't believe it. You think Bobby Barth is big. No he is a dwarf, this guy is huge !!!
At least i had a very good time. The band also. Mangold wasn't using his microphone a lot but he was singing along a lot. A good performer throwing his hands in the air al the time (especially his left hand ofcourse, because he had to play some keys also). The whole band had a good stage-performance. Terry talked a lot to the audience and we even got some participation in singing some "out of my MINDHIND!!!!" in Wine. Back to the set, first up:
I'M ALIVE, CROSSED THE LINE, AYREON, STRANDED, WINE....LIGHT OF THE MOON (from Back to Eden), then i'm not sure anymore in what order they played, whatever...:
LOVE LIES DYING from Strangeways
which left me wondering why i never have listened to the Walk in Fire album. Native Sons is huge, i think.
Randy JAckson did a ZEBRA song (can't recall the title) too bad he was having serious problems in singing the chorus, ouch !! Terry & Teddy (Cook=bassplayer & good singer also) should have helped him out that earlier in the song.
Then it was time for AL FRITSCH to come on stage, with guitar for some
DON'T YOU KNOW ....., after that he told a new Drive s/s album was to be released soon but instead of playing a new song they then played
IF THIS IS LOVE (Drive s/s-debut).
FOREVER AGAIN, which they played for a young guy from Lokeren who was allowed to come on stage in his wheel-chair to listen to the song.
DRIVIN' WHEEL, from ofcourse the same-titled Drive S/s album. A lot of fun with ofcourse Al singing and Mark from behind his keyboards with a small portable keyboard to do the keyboard solo after that the song went into a bit of Deep Purple's HIGHWAY STAR
in which they introduced the band, to end up with Drivin'Wheel again. The amazing Signs of Live finished their amazing set........
No cause the audience wanted them back, (according Terry the band brought their family to give them some support in the audience). So they played a good song called LOVE IS ALIVE
i probably will be cursed for this one. But i have no idea from who this song is. What i do know is that i did know the guitar-solo that opened the song ! Believe it or not....ERUPTION (from you know who). Okay Eddie would have played it "differently" but who cares !!!
Ofcourse not everything was perfect.... but who cares (again) i had one hell of a time. I'm sure in a smaller venue where all the people actually would have know The Sign this could have been even better. Maybe next time in Biebob ?? I cannot imagine this band won't return to the studio for a follow-up, they had too much fun.

Cheers
Ronald

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Sign; LIVE !!!!!62 Ron (H) 08/12/2001 05:59PM
Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!! 51 Tavas 08/12/2001 11:12PM
Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!! 56 Don Wishon 08/14/2001 03:58AM
Re: The Sign; LIVE...ZEER GOED !!! 46 Ron (H) 08/13/2001 03:49AM
He was wearing a WHAT ?? 47 Sven 08/13/2001 05:49PM
Re: He was wearing a WHAT ?? 44Ron (H)08/13/2001 09:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.