Giant : Hollywood Heroes info
Posted by: Bart ()
Date: August 12, 2001 12:30AM

Every now and then (read : once a year) I visit the local CD-shop. It's a very small shop and nothing special.
Funny enough, I always come out with a jewel in my hand.

Some two years ago picked up the superb Riverdogs bootleg 'Pervasive Influences', last year the ultra rare Japanese Giant 'It takes two + Giant Live!' and this afternoon a Giant bootleg called 'Holywood Heroes' (Rocks 92067)

The frontcover is skyblue with a the drawing of 4 blue 'rocketeers'.
The backcover is also skyblue with writing in red and yellow
The CD is released 1993 by the Rocks label, 'a trademark of Rockdreams S.A.R.L Luxembourg'.

Recorded in 1990 (Hollywood), the sound quality is quite good and contains following Livetracks :

1. I'm A Believer
2. Innocent Days
3. It takes Two
4 I Can't Get Close Enough
5. Shake Me Up
6. I'll See You In My Dreams
7. No Way Out
8. Gimme Some Lovin'

I think this is the recording of the entire concert taken from Global Satellite Network's Live Concert Broadcast on 4/20/90?
Tracks 3, 4 and 5 are also to be found on the Japanese 'It Takes Two + Giant Live!'. But the Japanese CD has not the complete songannouncements by D Huff.

For instance : Huff announces track 4 : Welcome back everybody, allright. I wonna thank all the folks that came down to see us today here in Hollywood and we want to say hi especially to all of our fans that are listening to us by radio tonight...here is one to crank it up...I Can't get close enough...
On the Japanese CD you only can hear : here is one to crank it up...I Can't get close enough...

Is that correct? And is it a rare, I mean the 'complete' recording?

Thanks and greetings,
Bart

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Giant : Hollywood Heroes info160 Bart 08/12/2001 12:30AM
Re: Giant : Hollywood Heroes info 61 Scott 08/13/2001 02:14PM
Re: Giant : Hollywood Heroes info 75lrc7231508/14/2001 06:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.