Van Halen...my 2 cents!
Posted by: Snake65 ()
Date: August 11, 2001 10:38PM

There are many things one can say about all the talk going on but I want to touch on 2 things.
1) Even though everything is rumor it has been long told by Sammy that he left and trouble started due to the management of VH at his end of tenure. If we all remember this was Alex's brother-in-law and he had the best deal ever heard of...10% of the gross.....not the net as with most artists. This according to Sammy was the start of the "in" fighting. Now lets do the math. VH has finally gotten rid of that management team after a long legal deal. Now I know "ego" is a huge thing but, forget if Sammy comes back or not, by VH firing the management team it is safe to say they owe Sammy and big I'm sorry.
2) Now this is still just a dream....so keep it in mind. Boston now tours and records with 2 lead singers! They are older guys (not dead though) that will tour every few years and perhaps do a record. It is great to see the both singers because you hear classic Boston with Walk On era in the same show. Plus both singers give you that "album" sound without sampling. Now picture a tour with Dave on first doing classic VH, then Sammy doing Van Hagar era stuff....then both guys come out and do songs together..
As I said a dream....besides they don't make stages that big for ego

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Van Halen...my 2 cents!48 Snake65 08/11/2001 10:38PM
Re: Van Halen...my 2 cents! 45 croman 08/12/2001 08:18AM
Re: Van Halen...my 2 cents! 53 jennifer 08/12/2001 09:50AM
Re: Van Halen...my 2 cents! 42 Snake65 08/12/2001 09:27PM
Re: Van Halen...my 2 cents! 46 jennifer 08/12/2001 11:11PM
Re: Van Halen...my 2 cents! 43 FORD 08/13/2001 03:03PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.