RE: Balance Of Power
Posted by: Kieran ()
Date: June 29, 2000 03:20AM

I know the guys from BOP fairly well.I would describe their sound as Dream Theater with but less technically minded and more straightforward song structures you know , verse,bridge,chorus,verse,bridge, chorus type songs..The are powerful as hell and rock hard when they want to.Their debut When the world falls Down was compared to White Sister when it was released and was raved about as the new great white hopes for UK melodic rock.Their second album Book of Secrets saw them get a new vocalist , Lance King (Kings's Machine) and generally their sound toughened up quite a bit.The keyboard influence is atill there but the guitars were beginning to take over as the material began to move in a heavier direction.The current album would give Dream Theater a good run for their money ,I suppose their sound is something like DT's circa Images and Words but with more straightforward songs, not as full of time changes etc.etc.My advice is if you like a good band with power and melody and who are not afraid to rock out , check them out ......start with World falls Down and go from there, you can then see the progression they have made........enjoy........Kieran

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Balance Of Power 178 Susumu 06/28/2000 07:57PM
RE: Balance Of Power 115 Francesco 06/28/2000 11:48PM
RE: Balance Of Power115 Kieran 06/29/2000 03:20AM
RE: Balance Of Power 104 KAOS FAN 06/29/2000 02:54PM
RE: Balance Of Power 95 Chris Pope 06/30/2000 03:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.