RE: JOE LAMONT
Posted by: Ralf ()
Date: June 29, 2000 11:44PM

Hi Cédric & Carl,

just a few additions to Carl's info:

Steeplechase was released in 81 and is solid but in my humble opinion the weakest of the three releases that Joe Lamont (Joe Lamente is his real name) was involved in.
Yeah, surprisingly it's the only of the 3 available on CD.

The often underrated "Shelter - First Stop" LP came out in 83 on Porcelain/Polydor and is a true AOR masterpiece. Every songs's a winner and the production is faultless. I must mention the song "Underneath You Make-Up" which is a wet dream for every AOR lover! Should have got a 10 out of 10 in the good old AOR classics mag!

In 85 and now named Joe Lamont he released his Solo album on Private I / CBS.
This album has a more High-Tech AOR feel to it. Tepper springs to my mind but with more punch! Songwise it's almost as good as Shelter but there are also some mediocre songs ("Sharks" for example) on it. Opener "Secrets You Keep" and the Monster-ballad "Victims Of Love" however are worth alone to get this LP.

I'm wondering when we get the latter two finally re-released (with bonus tracks!) on CD.

Hope I could help a bit

Cheeeeeeeers

Ralf

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
JOE LAMONT 150 Cédric 06/28/2000 04:17AM
RE: JOE LAMONT 90 Carl 06/28/2000 08:10AM
RE: JOE LAMONT119 Ralf 06/29/2000 11:44PM
RE: JOE LAMONT 111 Carl 06/30/2000 02:04AM
RE: JOE LAMONT 123 Cédric 06/30/2000 04:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.