The future of the live scene ........
Posted by: Mark Alger ()
Date: August 02, 2001 06:09PM

Dear All,

Its very rare that I post to any noticeboards, but I have been milling this subject over and over for a month now and felt that I had to make this post.

Z is about to stage its 4th Z rock show within England on August 26th, as most of you are aware we had to make some drastic changes due to truly awful
tickets sales that had not even reached three figures back in June.

I think the problem arose due to two main factors, firstly I think we the label judged the English summer concert going public slightly wrong [Hey we are not perfect]. Tickets sales are now moving for the forthcoming revamped show which now looks set to be a great day. Secondly there is an apathy currently in the UK, people seem to take it for granted that tickets will automatically be available on the day of a show. This is causing not just our promoters but others parties also to be extremely nervous re staging shows of this type, or even tours.

A normal Z Rock show costs well into five figures Sterling, and every show to date has lost money but we stage them for exposure and love of our music, and our bands play for the love of their music and fans. The point of this mail is to ask you all to help Z Records and other labels with similar shows to be more confident in pushing forward towards bigger productions thus possibly making the scene grow even more. You can help us by simply ordering your tickets in advance, that alone could encourage us to stage an even better production knowing we had sold an extra 3-400 tickets before a show. By buying in advance like most of us did in years gone by, you will help the promoters become more confident thus encouraging them to possibly take more risks. I am not trying to preach to anyone, I have sent this mail as a fan who is concerned that the live sence for Hard Rock could possibly disappear if we do not support it.

If you wish to e mail me re suggestions or comments please feel free to do so at: info.zrecords@virgin.net

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Best Wishes

Mark Alger

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The future of the live scene ........56 Mark Alger 08/02/2001 06:09PM
Re: The future of the live scene ........ 49 Erkka Korhonen/Urban Tale 08/03/2001 03:46AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.