Huey Lewis: Plan B Album
Posted by: Tim C. ()
Date: August 02, 2001 02:47AM

A few days ago there were a few posts asking about the new Huey Lewis album. If I remember right, no one had actually heard it yet, other than the single that has been released from it. I bought the CD the other day and have only given it one spin-through, so my opinion here might only be in the early stages of development, but here are my two cents on the album:

It is exactly what you would expect from Huey Lewis, but minus some amount of energy or strong hooks. None of the songs are bad or anything, but the album as a whole sort of lacks any big hook. "Sports" and "Fore" were loaded with this sort of thing, and even the less successful "Small World" and "Hard at Play" had enough to keep you into the listen all the way through (tell me "Couple Days Off" from "Hard at Play" doesn't tear it up!). "Plan B" is ok, but feels like an album made up of mostly "filler" type songs, rather than the kind that really latch onto you. I hate to say that, since I think it would be great to have Lewis a commercial success again, and I do not want to scare anyone off from plunking down for the album. Yet that first listen left me a touch flat. I do not feel fully ripped off or anything; it does not completely blow, but I wanted it to be a little bit more lively than it is. Maybe further spins will change my mind; I tend to have somewhat of a negative opinion of some albums the first couple of times through. That is my first impression, however.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Huey Lewis: Plan B Album68Tim C.08/02/2001 02:47AM
Re: Huey Lewis: Plan B Album 51Dave08/02/2001 05:27AM
Re: Huey Lewis: Plan B Album 62 Brian 08/02/2001 10:54AM
Re: Huey Lewis: Plan B Album 57 croman 08/02/2001 12:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.