Recent acquisitions...
Posted by: Don ()
Date: July 24, 2001 05:25PM

Hi all,

I've spent a fair bit of time in the pawn shops lately. At $5 a pop (Canadian funds), here's what I've added to my collection:

Anthrax – “Volume 8: The Threat Is Real”
I haven’t heard it yet, but I’m hoping it’ll be as good as “The Sound of White Noise.”

Cheap Trick – “At Budakon: The Complete Concert”
I’ve got the single-CD version and the boxed set, but at $5, I simply couldn’t resist this one.

Chilliwack – “Wanna Be a Star”
The only one of the bunch that I payed more than $5 Canadian for. They played a free outdoor concert in our town on Saturday night. Wow! All I can say is, to any of you Canadians out there who happen to get a chance to see this Canuck legend while they’re out there touring - go see ‘em!! What a great show and what a polished act! These guys are an extremely professional band and they put on a very enjoyable show. I even had a chance to yap with ‘em after the show. Good news for anyone who counts him/herself as a fan: they plan on re-issuing their albums on CD in the near future. Cool!

Extreme – “III Sides to Every Story”
I’m left wondering what all the fuss was about. Sure it has a big sound, but aside from the odd gem or two, I can’t honestly claim that the songs really do all that much for me.

Faster Pussycat – “Wake Me When It’s Over”
Somewhat mediocre.

Great White – “Let It Rock”
I’ve mentioned it in a couple of my posts already. It’s far from their best album, but for me, this band can do no wrong.

GnR – “Use Your Illusion I”
I’ve heard it a million times and own it on cassette. I just couldn’t resist picking it up in CD format for this price.

Haywire – “Get Off”
Very mediocre. But wow, this made me realize that these guys definitely went to the Harem Scarem school of development! Every album has a different sound/style. I just don’t happen to be particularly impressed by this album’s sound (sorta like the way I feel about HS’s “Big Bang Theory”). On the bright side, however, it now makes my Haywire collection complete (with the exception of their “Wired: The Best of Haywire” compilation. Any bonus tracks on this? Info./details would be appreciated.).

Richie Sambora – “Undiscovered Soul”
Unbelievable! I’ll post more on this unexpected treasure later. What a pleasant surprise! In a million years I never expected to like this album this much. Light years beyond "Stranger in this Town," IMO.

Sweet FA – Stick to Your Guns
Only listened to part of it so far. Will definitely need more time. Suspect it may be nothing spectacular.

Victor – s/t
Haven’t listened to it yet, but I look forward to it. I love everything to do with Rush, and I have a feeling that I’ll love this too.

Any comments?
Don

NP - Law & Order: "Guilty of Innocence"

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Recent acquisitions...69 Don 07/24/2001 05:25PM
Re: Recent acquisitions... 52 Don Wishon 07/24/2001 11:08PM
Re: Richie Sambora 42 Kevin 07/25/2001 02:31AM
Re: Richie Sambora 51 Ron (H) 07/25/2001 05:42AM
Re: Richie Sambora 45 Brian 07/25/2001 06:43AM
Re: Richie Sambora. 48Preacherman07/25/2001 07:29AM
Re: Recent acquisitions... 52 Mike Matney 07/25/2001 09:18AM
Re: Recent acquisitions... 49John Q07/25/2001 06:38PM
Re: Recent acquisitions... 50 pete 07/25/2001 08:03PM
Re: Victor... 53 Don 07/26/2001 03:19AM
Re: Recent acquisitions... 42 Rocker Chic 07/25/2001 11:15PM
Re: Recent acquisitions... 51 Don 07/26/2001 03:12AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.