Mike Tramp - Ventura, CA show review
Posted by: Mark ()
Date: July 24, 2001 06:21AM

Mike Tramp the ex-lead singer of White Lion played the Ventura Theater in Ventura on Sunday night (July 22, 2001).

The good news is that Mike and his band sound great live. Really, a lot better than I expected! Mike plays rhythmn guitar for the entire show and his voice was crystal clear on all of the songs. He plays 4 White Lion songs, some solo stuff, a couple Freak of Nature songs, and the encore is a cover of "Rebel Rebel/Satisfaction/Maggie May". The dude has been working, because he's pretty buff now. I also noticed that he has a tat of Phil Lynott on his left forearm. Pretty damn cool I must say.

The bad news is that the Ventura Theater holds about 2,500 people when it's full. The Offspring played there on Friday night and I'm sure it was full for that. Well, counting the security, the bartender, the waitress, the opening band, and the roadies there were about 45 people there. It was pretty sad. Too bad, because this is a really tight band.

IF your in Southern California check out Mike Tramp playing a small club in Reseda (Paladinos) this Saturday night. You won't be disappointed.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Mike Tramp - Ventura, CA show review48 Mark 07/24/2001 06:21AM
Re: Mike Tramp - Ventura, CA show review 40 Rogue 07/24/2001 11:10AM
Re: Mike Tramp - Ventura, CA show review 46 Mark 07/24/2001 03:16PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.