Alex...please read
Posted by: Kieran ()
Date: July 24, 2001 11:01AM

I think you will find as you get older that you no longer feel the need to defend your musical taste to anybody.The people that ridicule you for listening to Poison, Leppard or any other decnet hard rock band usually only do it as a form of self defense to compensate for their lack of knowledge about 'real' music.What are they supposed to say to you about one of your fave bands if they know nothing about them.That's why you usually get the sly remarks and sniggers....anybody who behaves in that way is usually only aware of the MTV diet and is stuck listening to dance music or some 80's pop hit being remixed by some bunch of good looking but otherwise mediocre kids.Be proud of your music , don't ever be afraid to admit your likes , wear a t shirt or blast an album out loud , you have the advantage , you are aware of good music , they are not , they can't help it if they are sheep.......I think I remember you saying that you were about 18/19 , well Alex I'm almost 35 and I still get stared at for wearing Poison, Firehouse, Journey t shirts however rather than let it bother mne any more I just smile and say to myself , or anybody in need of an answer.........can I help it if you don't have any taste....., some of these bands have had a 20year career , ...how long do you honestly think DJ Assh*le remixing other peoples music will actually last....about 5 minutes.Be proud Alex......and if you'll excuse my bad language...@!#$ the begrudgers.
Kieran , who has had to listen to similar @!#$ for years.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Aynone also ever struggled..... 66 alex siedler 07/24/2001 05:11AM
Alex... 50Surfpunk07/24/2001 06:12AM
Re: Alex... 58Phil 207/24/2001 06:20AM
Re: Alex... 48 Baffie 07/24/2001 11:35AM
Re: Aynone also ever struggled..... 53Da Andy07/24/2001 08:21AM
Alex...please read47Kieran07/24/2001 11:01AM
Re: Alex... 63 alex siedler 07/24/2001 09:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.