Aynone also ever struggled.....
Posted by: alex siedler ()
Date: July 24, 2001 05:11AM

...with the problem that your music gets no respect??? Wether you play it by yourself or let other people do it IMHO there seems to be much less respect from the masses out there to hardrock than to any other form of music. Everytime i start to talk to people about music (which i do often; im a music-junkie ;-)...) i get the same response; "Poison? they suck.........Ten? Who´s that?...." or whatever .......... It seems that the masses, who are stuck between Techno, boy bands and Rap, wouldnt know good music if it bites them in the a** . Why´s actually everyone thinking that "real" rock sucks? I mean i´ve been to a guitarshop today, grabbed one and started to play Def Leps Breathe a sigh. Someone asked me from whom the song is; i told him and he laughed at me, just because he didnt like defLep. Not that i would really care about what others say, but after the last ten discussions or so about music i had with several people, i cant believe that alot of people out there are so narrow minded. It looks like they just say that a certain music sucks just because MTV doesnt play it or the songs just dont stick in your ear after one listen. What i found out is that most people tend to listen to what the media tells them and not what they like..."MTV plays it; it must be good.....", and thats something i´ll never understand. I mean in ALL genres theres good music, i also tend to think that there´s no bad music at all, because music is a form of expressing yourself and no matter how it sounds in the end it still holds the essence of the person who wrote it. But why cant "normal" listeners accept that there´s life after N´Sync.......?

Probably a pointless post, but just something i just wanted to say..........

ALEX

NP: Sisters of mercy - more mp3

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Aynone also ever struggled.....62 alex siedler 07/24/2001 05:11AM
Alex... 49Surfpunk07/24/2001 06:12AM
Re: Alex... 54Phil 207/24/2001 06:20AM
Re: Alex... 48 Baffie 07/24/2001 11:35AM
Re: Aynone also ever struggled..... 53Da Andy07/24/2001 08:21AM
Alex...please read 46Kieran07/24/2001 11:01AM
Re: Alex... 59 alex siedler 07/24/2001 09:12PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.