Re: Cozy Powell
Posted by: Jake ()
Date: July 16, 2001 01:48AM

I had been hoping at some point to find that song on CD. I've never heard it, but was aware it a popular song for him.

Unfortunately, Cozy's solo work isn't always easy to come by on CD, at least here in the states. I've never seen The Man In Black on CD, but maybe someone can point me to it if it exists.

His four solo CD's from the 80's and 90's are excellent. (Over The Top, Tilt, Octopuss & The Drums Are Back.) Primarily instrumental, Cozy had no problems bringing in some all-stars to guest on his albums.

I think the Forcefield albums are less well-known. In particular, The Talisman with Tony Martin is my favorite. This one is mostly vocal songs, but the instrumentals are killers.

Then there was Especially For You which was a vocal album released shortly after his death. It took a while to get into, but I really like that one as well.

And don't forget Bedlam (mentioned earlier), Bedlam Anthology and Big Bertha. I don't like Big Bertha, but I'm still happy it was released just to get some more of Cozy on CD.

I also have a CD called The Cozy Tapes which has some live stuff and probably one of my favorite Cozy songs, The Friendly One.

When you add all this to his work with various groups, the guy had an amazing career. I wish he was better recognized with restrospectives and rare-releases. (And a DVD of his various stints in bands would be awesome.)

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Cozy Powell 58 Baffie 07/15/2001 07:22AM
Re: Cozy Powell 48 Eric Abrahamsen 07/15/2001 07:54AM
Re: Cozy Powell 48 Carl 1 07/15/2001 12:55PM
Re: Cozy Powell 54Terry07/16/2001 04:43PM
Re: Cozy Powell 56 Carl 1 07/17/2001 05:14AM
Thank you ;o) 50 Baffie 07/15/2001 02:07PM
Re: Cozy Powell48 Jake 07/16/2001 01:48AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.