Read carefully Jack...and anyone else..
Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: July 15, 2001 12:28PM

Hey Jack,

Thanks for your comments as always mate, a good read and well thoguht out.
However a few things there that need addressing as that's not what I have been thinking anyway.

> Making mr.com a pay site would be a mistake from several
> angles.

IT WILL NEVER EVER BE A PAY SITE.
Never said it would be and never will do this. I am aware that this would be a fatal mistake and it is not one I have ever considered.
I do not want any part of the site to turn into an exclusive club or alienate any other portion of the site.
I would rather find a way to do this full time for the whole site to be lifted in quality and quantity.
The banner ads are great for me and I value the support of the stores contributing, but you can only have so many banner ads before they devalue themselves, or clog up the page. Right now is the maximum I believe to be efficient.

The e-mailing list extra was just an additional thought.

Basically I have to ask these questions and look at these options, because let me tell you this.
At the rate I am going at now, I will either be dead or divirced 1 year from now.
So, now is the time to look at things, otherwise the site will go or will be stripped back to a much more manageable size. I don't want to do either...

> Ok, so what about the exclusive e-mail deal? Sounds good,
> but the details have to be hammered out.

Well, the reponses I got back were very positive, but the number of reponses was very small, so looks like that idea goes down the U-bend also....

> just send him 10 bucks in the mail with a thank you note and

See the address below...LOL!!!!
Haha, thanks Jack, that's not necessary, appreciate the comment though!

The other thing you should bear in mind, Andrew is the
> relation between money and making demands. When people are
> paying you, they will start complaining and becoming
> self-righteous. Hell, they already do this, and it's FREE.

:)

> About the bias thing, in case Andrew launches a PR career as
> well.

As far as this goes - thanks also for the comments, but this is the Inetrnet.
I supply MP3 sampes to just about everything I review, espceially all the big ones.
That will include the PR projects I take on...
If I do an outrageously good review, it should take all of 10 minutes to figure out if I am full of @!#$ or right on the money.
With that ability to 'check up on me', why would I EVER consider compramising my integrity or posting a false review?
My major beef of the last 6 months is one comment I saw saying someone bought a CD from my Heaven & Earth reveiw and said it was over marked, not correct, blah blah blah, but one the same page were mp3 samples of every track on the record. Doesn't take much to download those to see if the music matches the words I wrote.

> At least we were consulted on the matter, Andrew couldve just
> said, "I'm doing this because the money will make the site
> better, and @!#$ it", and been within his rights to do so.

Thanks Jack. I am always interested in what the site visitors think and need. Therefore I am always accountable for my actions and like to keep in touch to try and make the site better as I go.

Saying that, I have a real bump ahead looking for the time needed to go any further.
Lets see what happens.

Best regards,
Andrew.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Latest Site Thoughts.... 66 Andrew 07/14/2001 02:59PM
Re: Latest Site Thoughts.... 50Jack07/15/2001 07:15AM
Read carefully Jack...and anyone else..53 Andrew 07/15/2001 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.