Latest Site Thoughts....
Posted by: Andrew ()
Date: July 14, 2001 02:59PM

Hullo....here again for those not on my mailing list is my latest ramblings that might be of interest.
Please e-mail me your thoughts.

Thanks. Andrew.

G'Day all,

Thank you for the responses to my last mail out regarding the site in general and the PR work that I will be undertaking for 2 bands over the next few months.

Anyway, the point of this all is to try and look at ways of converting the site to a full time proposition, so I can expand it out as I want to and of course provide better and more regular updates.
I was surprised that another option for this was raised by a few of you. Another said don't do it, but a few did. What am I talking about?

Well, a few suggested that I make the site a subscription based site. First up -let me make this plain and clear. THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN!
It is an open site for all to enjoy what it is and hopefully what it will develop further into.

But another option is to offer a subscription only based e-mailing list. I am wondering if I could get some feedback on this - who would want to be a part of such a thing, what would you pay on an annual basis for such a service and what would you want to get out of it?

MelodicRock.com will remain as it is now, and expand to a bigger site etc, and that will not change nor will it be charged for.
But off the top of my head, I can think of a few things I could do via a subscribed e-mailing list that would be exclusive and possibly worth paying for. I want your feedback on what you would like out of such a service - if at all.
But I would see a daily mailout being offered, with the hottest news updates sent off as they happen and before the site gets updated (as e-mail is always easier than HTML for quick news flashes etc), I could also send out exclusive previews of mp3s, artwork, live reports, and interviews before the site was updated with that info. Plus exclusive completions for signed stuff and free CDs when possible...

I think I could also offer several other things, but let me hear back from you on this first before I think any further into it. If no one is interested, then there's no point!

But for the right price and the right goods on offer, there must be something that would spark your interests.

It would also grant me the opportunity of running a better site/s, as the time available to devote to them would be timed by 10!!!!!

Please take a minute and let me know your thoughts on the questions posed. Honesty appreciated and all feedback welcomed and taken on board.

Best regards,
Andrew.

http://www.melodicrock.com - 3,000,000+ Served!
http://www.melodicrock.tv - Years of classic rock n roll in video! Coming this August.
http://www.melodicrock-classics.com - Launch date TBA - Time to turn back the melodic rock clocks...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Latest Site Thoughts....64 Andrew 07/14/2001 02:59PM
Re: Latest Site Thoughts.... 47Jack07/15/2001 07:15AM
Read carefully Jack...and anyone else.. 52 Andrew 07/15/2001 12:28PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.