New Glenn Hughes - opinions?
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: June 19, 2000 05:46PM

I haven't listened to it more than a couple of times yet, but somehow it does not grab me like pretty everything from 'From Now On...' to 'Incense & Peaches' did. I don't even feel like playing it over and over like I did with 'The Way It Is', which rocked my world and still does.

Sure, the vocals are great, but there seems to be something missing. Maybe it's the fact that Glenn pretty much admitted he was done with the heavy rock thing and wants to go full on R&B or whatever now. That would explain why this whole thing sounds like he going through the motions...

The first song on R.O.C.K. is probably the heaviest thing he's ever done, heavier than the 'Addiction' stuff even - why would he even record a song like that given his preference for lighter stuff? The Iommi tune is kind of weak, certainly nothing special compared to what's on 'Seventh Star'. I dunno, maybe this one will just take longer to sink in, but so far I'm slightly disappointed with R.O.C.K. Hmmm...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
New Glenn Hughes - opinions?253John Q06/19/2000 05:46PM
Not happy! 133 Andrew 06/19/2000 06:30PM
RE: Not happy! 217 Andrew Paul 06/19/2000 08:45PM
RE: Not happy! 166Surfpunk06/20/2000 08:24AM
RE: Not happy! 171Surfpunk06/24/2000 08:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.