Seven Seals - Bidin' Our Time ( 1994 )
Posted by: Chinese ()
Date: April 18, 2000 04:55PM

Hey guys,
I recently bought this cd from 'hang loose records'.
I bought it cause i download their song from mp3.com and find it is great !
I'm not trying to promote them but just to let you guys know that this band really can and i surprise that the cd got no label on it.
Below is a piece of review that i copy .Have a look !

Review 9/99 Strutter Zine

BIDIN' OUR TIME-SEVEN SEALS (INDEPENDENT)

This German band out of Lubbecke is playing melodic hard rock that reminds me very much of the typical Swedish melodic hard rock. There are 13 tracks on the debut CD of SEVEN SEALS that was actually released in 1994, but still nobody has discovered this band. A shame, because this band has a very good melodic rocksound. The production of lead vocalist/guitarist Franky Tienemann and bassist Daniel Seebass is very impressive and crystal clear.

The CD opens with a faster uptempo melodic heavy rocker that reminds me of a cross between 220 VOLT, NATION and PRETTY MAIDS. The Scandinavian orientated melodic rock of this German band continues on the following tracks. "Gypsy" is midtempo AOR/Melodic rock that has some good harmonyvocals, a catchy chorus and some great piano-keys that make it sound like an AOR song. This catchy song reminds me of DAVINCI crossed with ZEELION.

Next track "Tonight" is 80s typed cheerful uptempo melodic rock that is very catchy and has a chorus that you can easily sing-a-long. Fantastic song! It reminds me of DOMINOE, CRAAFT… A typical German/European AOR/Melodic rocker. The following melodic rockers are nice to hear, but are not as sensational as the previous tracks "Tonight" and "Gypsy", the two best tracks of the whole CD. Still, a track like "Big love" is a nice calmer melodic rockballad.

But from track 7 on, there are again some superb melodic rocktracks. "Take a walk" for example has a great keyboard/guitar intro and develops into a wonderful uptempo melodic rocker in the 80s style. Next track "Emergency" is another fantastic uptempo 80s typed melodic rocker that sounds very cheerful. "Emergency" is the best song on the CD according to me. "Gutter blues" is the first and only weak track on this rather great CD. From the tracks I haven't mentioned, the best ones are "Hand in hand" (midtempo melodic rocker with great keys) and "Send me and angel" (melodic rockballad).

SEVEN SEALS has released a great CD a couple of years ago that sadly never got the attention it deserved. Still, I hope a lot of people will now re-discover this band and buy this great album. At the moment the band is working on a follow-up which is scheduled for release pretty soon. For now, you can get more info on SEVEN SEALS through their website at: http://www.sevenseals.de and http://www.rockcitystudio.de or e-mail them at: F.Tienemann@t-online.de or write to their postal address at: Daniel Seebass, Heinrich-Vormbrockerstr. 62, D-32312 Lubbecke, Germany.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Seven Seals - Bidin' Our Time ( 1994 )468Chinese04/18/2000 04:55PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.