You're right Carl ...
Posted by: Misterpomp ()
Date: July 08, 2001 07:48PM

makes a nice change :-)

Like you say, I think Valensia needs to be approached more cautiously if you are to enjoy him .... I actally had a tape of a Valensia CD (KOSMOS) about 5 or 6 years ago and I didn't like it then, it was too diverse for my tastes ... it took the second time around for me to fall in love with it .... some people might reasonably say that's a bit like hard work to make sure you get into some music when there's lots round that just hits you ... they could be right .. after all Carl would you or I ever have listened to "Gabba Girl" if it was the first Valensia song we'd heard .. or would we even have listened to a second Valensia song??

Kris, if you're already enjoying Robby Valentine ... try getting Gaia or maybe Gaia II as your intro to Valensia, these are still diverse but probably have more foundation in, as Carl, says "heavy rock with pompous undertones" ... KOSMOS and the like should follow .. or maybe try and get the Valensia/Valentine album ...that has a mix of their styles, albeit it's much more poppy than anyone would have predicted ...

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Valensia: ? ( Robby Valentine) 64Kris07/08/2001 11:50AM
Re: Valensia: ? ( Robby Valentine) 60 Carl 1 07/08/2001 06:33PM
You're right Carl ...51 Misterpomp 07/08/2001 07:48PM
Thanks guys! 53Kris07/09/2001 02:58AM
Re: Thanks guys! 55 George 07/10/2001 04:07PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.