The Roach is cursed (and so am I)
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: July 08, 2001 09:46AM

Hey folks -

It had to happen....yet another delay in the long-awaited coming of Cockroach. So here's the update from the D2 site....thought you all might want to read it.

As for me, don't know how often Ill be posting, as my computer is sorta crippled. I just turned it on the other day and everything was unbearably slow.....from opening folders to dialing on the modem, everything seems to take about 3 minutes, so...on the most menial tasks it just drags on like its stuck, and then finally does it....have enough memory, dont know if its a virus or whatever. Either way, im not on my comp right now and will see you all much much later, depending on how this goes.......

Oh yeah, the Paul Laine thing, much as I like him, sounds kinda lame to me.

Cheers,
Jack.

A message from Bruno

It seems as though "Cockroach" has been Snake bitten! Our first shipment was set to arrive on June 20th. On the eve of the arrival, we received a phone message from one of the art directors from Sony music. He stated "I have a promo copy of "Cockroach" in front of me, but I think there's something wrong with the artwork. Please call me tomorrow and we'll discuss it." The shipment arrived the next day and Brian eagerly opened a box. He was stunned. It was all wrong. The artwork, the packaging, everything. He called me and told me the bad news. Needless to say, I was pissed! I drove over and looked for myself. What a mess! We then contacted Sony and they agreed that the CD was not up to snuff and apologized. One art director called it "An abomination!". They told us not to worry, that there would be no charge and that they would correct the mistakes and deliver a new shipment pronto. Well that was almost 2 weeks ago. We've been playing phone tag with them all week and still we don't have an answer as to when the new shipment will arrive. Needless to say, we're disgusted with the whole thing. We would apologize to you all for this, but it's simply out of our hands at this point. We should see a shipment within the next 10 days, but we're not guaranteeing anything. As soon as they're available, Brian will update the site and we'll get the ball rolling.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In other D2 news, Paul Laine has just about finished his tracks on the upcoming Christmas single "Naughty Naughty Christmas" which will appear on the compilation "A Very Hairy Christmas" out later this year. Other featured acts include Warrant, Enuff Z'Nuff and Slaughter.
D2 has been discussing playing some shows in the fall to support the release of "Cockroach." They are discussing the lineup (guitarist) and the set list so maybe, just maybe we'll get to see them rock once again. I for one have been begging them to play! Hopefully my wishes will ring loud and clear, and I'll get to see some of you at a D2 show!

That's it for now ... Pray for "The Roach!"
Peace,
Brian

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Roach is cursed (and so am I)65Jack07/08/2001 09:46AM
Re: The Roach is cursed (and so am I) 56 Daniel 07/09/2001 10:45PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.