Sad tale of the Scorpions......
Posted by: Mrpool ()
Date: July 08, 2001 07:22AM

Anyone else feel this way? The Scorpions used to be one of my favorite rock/metal bands........killer riffs & vocals, mixture of great heavy rockers & ballads, duel guitars, great drums & bass, classic rock songs, great vibe......I put them near the top of the heap for metal bands in their heyday.

But, what the hell has happened to them? That last studio album, Eye to Eye, looked like a joke.....the cover showed an old Mattias Jabs, Rudolf Schenker (hardly recognizable) & Klaus Meine.....I sure as hell wouldn't put out a cd with a cover picture like that. Even Andrew (from Melodicrock.com) gave this cd a poor review, saying the Scorpions were trying to update there sound by being experimental......but probably not picking any new fans in the process & probably turning off older fans. I only heard one song, Mysterious, on the radio & it was pretty horrible. I had no desire to buy the cd.

I hope they get there @!#$ back together & put out a decent rock cd......I'm sick of these 80's metal bands trying to sound 90's or trying to be something they're not.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Sad tale of the Scorpions......57 Mrpool 07/08/2001 07:22AM
Re: Sad tale of the Scorpions...... 59danthecdman07/08/2001 07:31AM
Re: Sad tale of the Scorpions...... 47 Brian 07/08/2001 10:06AM
Re: In Trance & Uli Roth 50 Eric Abrahamsen 07/08/2001 11:51AM
Scorpions need a new producer! 50 Snake 65 07/09/2001 04:40AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.