RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS!
Posted by: F.O.R.D. ()
Date: June 16, 2000 02:29AM

John II wrote:
-------------------------------
Hello-

A close friend of mine works for a very large music distributor. He received word from a WEA Sales Rep that Van Halen will be releasing a double CD. The first CD will contain brand new material with David Lee Roth. I believe a total of 12 songs. The second CD will contain outtakes and rarities. The release date is pegged for September.

Sounds like a great souvenier to accompany a farewell tour!!

~John II

For Christ's sake Danniels, can't you at least make up some NEW rumors????

For those of you who do not get it yet......

1) Any friends, neighbors, mothers-in-law, etc. who supposedly work for WB- forget it , it's a lie.

2) The double CD thing? Nope. this rumor's old, keeps resurfacing. I wouldn't be at all surprised if Van Halen and WB consider a Beatles Anthology type CD in the future, but this will NOT be combined with the new Van Halen album.

3) If the alleged "source" of the story doesn't have a name and/or verifiable position within the Van Halen camp, don't buy a word of it. They never leave names because then their story could be proven lies. There are alleged sources out there claiming to be everything from WB execs in Canada to Eddie Van Halen's fucking dog Sherman.(and no I am NOT kidding) Every last one of them has been proven a liar, as Andrew found out when they sold him that huge line of crap in February.

Bottom line : The new Van Halen album IS coming and it fucking rocks! The tour will be bigger than KISS, the Eagles, Fleetwood Mac, the Sex Pistols, and all the other reunion tours put together. Whether it will be the farewell tour remains to be seen. Let's face it, these guys aren't getting any younger.

forever killing the rumors,

F.O.R.D.

-------------------------------------------
Eat Us and Smile!!
http://fordcountry.20m.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
HOT VAN HALEN NEWS! 284John II06/15/2000 10:26PM
RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS!181 F.O.R.D. 06/16/2000 02:29AM
RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS! 208David Van Hagar06/16/2000 04:34AM
RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS! 177 F.O.R.D. 06/16/2000 10:39AM
RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS! 151 essbee 06/17/2000 01:15AM
RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS! 172 F.O.R.D. 06/20/2000 02:20AM
RE: HOT VAN HALEN NEWS! 166 essbee 06/22/2000 01:31AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.