Re: Sad News about Blue Tears.....
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: June 24, 2001 08:24AM

Great to know Gregg Fulkerson is back...and yes, I actually prefer that it's without the Blue Tears moniker. The man is an excellent songwriter, as can also be seen in his work with people like Michael Sweet & Tim Feehan, and he definitely hs an ear for mean hooks....so the talent is definitely there. Doing BT-styled pop metal at this point in time might be a bit redundant and maybe even sound a bit dated or what have you....so its nice to see him tackle his music from slightly different angle, whilst retaining some amazing melodies.

Besides, some time has passed so he's probably fine-tned his skills along the way....I always wondered what Gregg might do if he polished up few details. I mean, I still enjoy the BT disc to this day, but there are a few arranegements that I disliked a bit, and a few lyrics here and there that could've been better. The only reason I bothered thinking about it is because the songs were otherwise really good.....all it needed was tweak here & there, take out some of the cheesier details....well, just my opinion. But yes, I've been looking forward to hearing what Gregg & Co were up to and I'm sure that regardless of the band name (which I think sound better than the name Blue Tears anyway); its not like he lost all his talent because its another band....so I'm sure we'll hear some fresh & exciting rock. Look at Harem Scarem - they changed their name for a while, but still delivered something good (lthough I'm also glad the next album will be more akin to the old style). It cn be exciting when musicians try something slightly different for a while....bands like U2, Def Leppard, etc have done some of their best work while straying from their original stuff.

Cheers Gregg, can't wait!
Jack.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Sad News about Blue Tears..... 67Kris06/24/2001 05:39AM
Re: Sad News about Blue Tears..... 47 Gregg 06/24/2001 06:02AM
Re: Sad News about Blue Tears.....48Jack06/24/2001 08:24AM
Re: Sad News about Blue Tears..... 53 Brian 06/24/2001 11:39AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.