Re: ...Excuse me ?? .
Date: June 17, 2001 06:26AM

John West...a subdued wallflower in Royal Hunt ??...flip out , man !! .

John makes his precence felt from the beginning of the album , his soulful vocals sour throughout the record , he faced a very dauntin' task fillin' some big shoes for Royal Hunt followin' the departure of DC Cooper...or was fired ?? ;-) , don't get me wrong DC Copper is one hell of a singer but it is seldom you come across a vocal talent such as John West , plus the songwritin' is is just as good as any other album , capturing your soul...and the compositions are as tight as the previous records !! .

The album shows all the typical trademarks of Royal Hunt...a quite unique combination of melodic , progressive and symphonic Rock with classical influences .

Royal Hunt's reached a goal most other acts failed...an own identity !! .

My only complain about the disc is that there are just seven tracks to enjoy ;-) !! .

I'm not suggestin' that FEAR is better than the previous albums but pointin' out the fact that the compositions GOT balls and are just as catchy...as hell , just listen to "Cold City Lights" or "Lies"...play 'em loud...and then tell me what you think !! .

However John Q , I've got good news for you as the new Royal hunt album's gonna be more guitar driven , sound good hah ;.) ?? .

Check out their official home page...there're 2-3 new tunes up there "The Mission" and "Total Recall"...I've actually just listened to them and I certainly got a good impression out of the " thing " , right ;-) !! .

http://www.royalhunt.com/

NP: Aldo Nova " Twitch" .

MELODIC LOVER .

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Earthmaker w/ John West? 78Steve, Denmark06/15/2001 06:50AM
Re: Earthmaker w/ John West? 54John Q06/15/2001 08:47AM
Re: Earthmaker w/ John West? 47Steve Denmark06/15/2001 06:47PM
Re: Earthmaker w/ John West? 62John Q06/16/2001 04:33AM
Re: Earthmaker w/ John West? 50Steve, Denmark06/17/2001 05:10AM
Re: Earthmaker w/ John West? 46John Q06/17/2001 04:51PM
Re: ...Excuse me ?? .60 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/17/2001 06:26AM
Hey Melodic Lover... 47Steve, Denmark06/18/2001 04:24AM
Re: Thanks Steve... 66 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/18/2001 05:54AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.