Re: New Emerald Rain...GREAT BAND!!
Posted by: Jon ()
Date: June 16, 2001 08:47AM

Nope, not the same Jon - but I AM from New Zealand. Anyway, back to this new Emerald Rain - I liked the first two albums (I thought they had a definite Harem Scarem sound which I loved, but something just seemed to be missing to take it to the next level), and wasn't gonna pick this new one up - but I heard a few soundbytes at this site and figured 'what the hell?' Very glad I did - the album has a few different feels to it - there are 3 tracks that are very poppy (like 'Hard To Love' off the first Harem CD) - fanatastic songs!!! The tunes are loaded with hooks and great layered harmonies. There are a few heavier tracks like 'Badlands' and 'Numb' (which actually reminds me of Iron Maiden!!!) and a couple of ballads, which I haven't really heard them do before. All in all I'd say it's definitely their best work and has gotta be heard to be believed.

Jon

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
New Emerald Rain 57 Jon 06/15/2001 06:32AM
Re: New Emerald Rain...GREAT BAND!! 42 KAOS FAN 06/15/2001 10:32PM
Re: New Emerald Rain...GREAT BAND!!45 Jon 06/16/2001 08:47AM
Re: New Emerald Rain...GREAT..iron maiden! 47 KAOS FAN 06/17/2001 04:40PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.