Re: Mama's Boys
Posted by: Chris D ()
Date: June 17, 2001 01:53AM

Hello!
Here is what I know...
Mike Wilson was tipped to be the next big AOR thing in late 1988, from what I recall. He replaced Keith Murrell in Mama's Boys. A studio album was cut, but I don't think it was released. He also recorded a number of tracks with members of Bon Jovi for a potential solo CD. It never happened either. He then stepped in for Max Bacon in Geoff Downes' "Rain" project and a track from these sessions appears on Downe's "Vox Humana" CD, but the other tracks are MIA. At about that time, he was recruited to sing on some tracks for Tom Galley's Phenomena project and he may have ( supposedly Tony Martin and Max Bacon also cut some tracks before "IV" was shelved for lack of interest and the loss of the rights to the Phenomena name). From what I have heard, he has a great voice for AOR, but no one seems to have anything by him except for his work on the MB live disc and the Downes CD. A real shame.....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Mama's Boys 72danthecdman06/15/2001 06:08AM
Re: Mama's Boys 51Kieran06/16/2001 12:29PM
Re: Mama's Boys 57danthecdman06/16/2001 09:01PM
Re: Mama's Boys59 Chris D 06/17/2001 01:53AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.