Within Temptation vs Opeth, Nightwish
Posted by: Tavas ()
Date: June 11, 2001 05:55PM

Hi Eric

I certainly agree that Within Temptation's "Mother Earth" and Opeth's "Blackwater Park" both belong to the best metal albums that have been released in a long time....
but comparing WT with Opeth is quite a dangerous thing if you ask me....

I think most people consider Opeth to be a progessive death metal band and the fact that they keep on using the grunt-vocals is very typical for them (and also scares many people away)...WT on the other hand have left out the grunts (without any loss in quality !!!) which should make their music listenable for the masses....I am 100% sure that with some airplay this band could become very very big, if you would compare them to Nightwish (a band which I also really like), I think WT has
1. better songs
2. more variety
3. an even better looking singer (and Tarja isn't badlooking herself)...oops, the hormones took over here...

Now to come to my point:
+ I don't think many people on this board will appreciate Opeth's masterpiece
+ Within Temptation, on the other hand, should be heard by everybody on this board and I am quite sure that most of them will love it !!!!

In fact everybody who loves
-typical film music, or
-great female vocals, or
-Nightwish or Opeth or Trail of Tears or Lacuna Coil
-good music in general
will love "Mother Earth"....

So for those of you who still haven't got it: Within Temptation is not an album for metal-fans, it's an album for everybody who has any taste in music !!!!
...now this really is the end of my sermon

Greetings

Tavas

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Avantasia: The Metal Opera 62Kris06/10/2001 03:55PM
Re: Avantasia: The Metal Opera 53 Tavas 06/10/2001 10:33PM
Re: Without Temptation 48 Eric Abrahamsen 06/11/2001 02:46AM
Within Temptation vs Opeth, Nightwish58 Tavas 06/11/2001 05:55PM
Re: Within Temptation vs Opeth, Nightwish 54 Eric Abrahamsen 06/11/2001 09:53PM
Re: It's a hell of a Epic-Metal Masterpice !! 45 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/11/2001 03:48AM
Re: www.nostramusic.com (NOSTRADAMUS) !! 65 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/11/2001 04:56AM
FOR TAVAS 60 Jordan in Jersey 06/11/2001 11:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.