Re: Avantasia: The Metal Opera
Posted by: Tavas ()
Date: June 10, 2001 10:33PM

It's excellent !!! Certainly one of the highlights of the year in the genre...I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up in many metal top-10's at the end of the year. It's well worth the money and features some very good musicians, among which Sharon from Within Temptation (check out their brilliant album "Mother Earth" asap), Rob Rock (!!!!), David Defeis, Andre Matos, Kai Hansen, ...

You can check out the website here:
http://www.tobiassammet.com

And you can download a soundclip here:
http://www.tobiassammet.com/Reach_Out_For_The_Light.mp3
(the soundclip gives a good images of the faster songs on the album, if you like it, you can safely buy this album)

Here are some comments and scores from different magazines:

Recent reviews of Avantasia - The Metal Opera Part I
-"Heavy guitars, bombastic choirs and a great production lead the outstanding talent to the olympus of metal. If you miss this opus you miss a part of rock history." (Break Out Magazine 01/2001)
-10/10 points in Rock Hard Magazine, 10xDynamit and soundcheck #3
-7/7 points in Metal Hammer Magazine
-11/12 points in Heavy Oder Was!?-Magazine and soundcheck postition #3
-Newcomer of the month in Break Out Magazine
-9.5/10 points in Metal Heart Magazine

Taking Tobias his age into account I can only agree with a journalist who said: "This kid is way to talented for his own good"....

If you're into this type of music, you should also check out the latest Kamelot album "Karma" this one really blew me away !!! The album is very well balanced with some very fast (and bloody melodic) tracks and also some great slower songs. It's been on top of my playlist since I bought it 2 weeks ago....

Greetings

Tavas

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Avantasia: The Metal Opera 61Kris06/10/2001 03:55PM
Re: Avantasia: The Metal Opera52 Tavas 06/10/2001 10:33PM
Re: Without Temptation 47 Eric Abrahamsen 06/11/2001 02:46AM
Within Temptation vs Opeth, Nightwish 58 Tavas 06/11/2001 05:55PM
Re: Within Temptation vs Opeth, Nightwish 54 Eric Abrahamsen 06/11/2001 09:53PM
Re: It's a hell of a Epic-Metal Masterpice !! 44 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/11/2001 03:48AM
Re: www.nostramusic.com (NOSTRADAMUS) !! 65 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/11/2001 04:56AM
FOR TAVAS 60 Jordan in Jersey 06/11/2001 11:30PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.