Re: Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions
Posted by: koogles ()
Date: June 10, 2001 07:08AM

Sunshine Jive is great!! If the prospect of a Journey/Extreme cross-pollination quickens your pulse, then you'll love it. "Under Summer Skies" is the perfect summer ballad. "Fool's Parade" reminds me of the finest moments on Journey's "Raised on Radio". "Lost in Love" is quite simply the finest AOR song on the CD. Then there's "When You Love Someone"- a big rocker with a MASSIVE chorus that you can't run nor hide from! "Sha La La" is breezy and fun, reminiscent of Nelson. Great production by Bob St. John and mixing assistance from Nuno Bettencourt. Highly recommended!!!

Alliance should be better, given the personnel. The whole is never quite the sum of its parts, although there are a few good moments. "Endless Nights" has a certain appeal and "True Meaning of Love" could have been a John Waite song. Still, if you consider that this is a "supergroup" with David Lauser (Sammy Hagar), Alan Fitzgerald (Night Ranger), Gary Pihl (Boston) and Berry (ex-Hush, who's also played with Keith Emerson and Carl Palmer), you tend to expect a thing or two. Production is below the bar and, unless you can get this cheap, I'd say take a pass.

That's a start, Roberto. I'm sure the other regulars will help you out with The Distance and Jesse's Powertrip, as well as offer you some more insights on Alliance and SJ.

!!

koogles

NP: Paul Janz "Presence"

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions 52 Roberto Toth 06/10/2001 06:43AM
Re: Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions 41 Tavas 06/10/2001 07:00AM
Re: Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions46 koogles 06/10/2001 07:08AM
Re: Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions 39Surfpunk06/10/2001 07:20AM
Re: Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions 41 Roberto Toth 06/10/2001 07:39AM
THE DISTANCE...AOR MUST PURCHASE!! 76 KAOS FAN 06/10/2001 08:26PM
Re: Alliance, Sunshine Jive, The Distance Opinions 38 sfk kurt 06/11/2001 04:29AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.