PLANET X REVIEW - brisbane!!
Posted by: KAOS FAN ()
Date: June 08, 2001 04:48PM

Suffice to say I don't have enough adjectives to describe the performance last night. I may have been tired coming in after work but that quickly evaporated.
Opening act was INDABA - a Brisbane jazz-fusion threesome with strong prog overtones. They were very good!
Then the main event. I must say that I hadn't heard the cd so though I was unaccustomed to the songs it made no difference. They were exhilarating with Virgil Donati's double-kick drum exhibition proving he is one of the worlds best drummers! His drum solo had to be seen to be believed and with Dave La Rue playing on bass the rythm section was tight as a drum!
Tony Mcalpine was awesome. I've always been a fan and near the end he performed a great duelling contest with Derek Sherinian on keys - with Tony playing a solo and then Derek replicating it on keys.
And to top of a great night, the boys went out to the foyer and for OVER AN HOUR signed everything and talked to everybody. I had a great half hour or so discussion with Dave and had photos taken with all the performers.
These guys didn't just play blindingly well(that's to be expected)! They performed with great charisma and they write "real songs". Overall an awesome night and all the boys had a blast - Magnum Mike, Gamma Ray Glen and Helloween Luke!Everybody get the Planet X album - Universe, it's a corker!
Cheers.KAOS FAN!
Cheers.KAOS FAN!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
PLANET X REVIEW - brisbane!!50 KAOS FAN 06/08/2001 04:48PM
Re: PLANET X REVIEW - brisbane!! 40 Paul 06/08/2001 08:47PM
Re: KAOS FAN you're a very lucky guy... 41Francesco06/09/2001 11:00PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.