Re: Up from the ashes...PART 2 , don't think so !!
Date: June 07, 2001 08:33AM

Yeah Steve , sounds actually as a fairy tale 2 me 2...Don Doken assembled some good musicians on " Up from the ashes " and the album also had a great production to match back in the day but hold on there , man...Billy White who was the other axe man featured on the aforementioned album played a BIG role on said...movie , he actually was a major discovery and really burnt some..."Houses" , smokin' as much or even more than John Norum himself...I even remember George lynch pointin' out the same thing...Billy white , he was a thug...I mean on the guitar , ya' know :-) !! .

But Steve , let's cut to the chase and face the truth...Don Dokken hasn't released a decent album since the one mentioned on this post...ok "Erase the Slate " sounded like a true fire-up , balls to the wall , ass-kickin' Dokken record where the Axe-master Reb Beach rips through that cd...like there's no tomorrow !! .

But anyway it didn't hit the mark either...I mean not as gooDas " Up from the ashes " , anyway I'll give it another spin to see if it grows on me...and John Norum's latest albums have been Krap , let's be frank here , at least to me , mind ya'...I just like his first two albums , so the point is...what music will deliver the guys in question ??...straight ahead Hard rock and Don singin' as a mad cow or a HUGE Melodic Hard Rock album along the lines of " Under Lock...Tooth and nails...Back for the...Breakin' the chains " , what do you think ?? ...havin' the latest John Norum's albums as a reference point...I wouldn't be that happy myself if you ask me , really !! .

So...let's wait and see if I'm right or wrong , I'd just love to hear a HUGE Melodic Hard Rock album from the guys , really but allow me not to be that happy...I prefer to have a nice surprise if the boys finally deliver the..."GOOD(s)" , rather than having high hopes and have a major backlash...in the end , you know ;-) !! .

Let's just wait and see if the boys...behave themselves ;-) !! .

Later Steve !! .

MELODIC LOVER .

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Up from the ashes? 68Steve, Denmark06/07/2001 07:01AM
Re: Up from the ashes...PART 2 , don't think so !!60 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/07/2001 08:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.