Re: The scene needs more like you
Posted by: Danny Danzi ()
Date: June 04, 2001 11:39AM

Hi Coco,

It's nice to be appreciated and I thank you for your kind words. I too feel as you do about the ego stuff, and will never have that frame of mind no matter how successful I was to become. I have often wondered the same as you...."Are the big stars actually to busy to share a piece of themselves with us, or is it just plain laziness?" Sure I'm not as busy as maybe an Eddie Van Halen or Dann Huff, but you know, I consider myself a workhorse in all areas and always find the time to correspond with the people that have given me a chance to share my music.

Besides my music career, I own a recording studio and bought a family business that has been in my family for about 30 years. So between the studio my career and that biz, I consider myself as one busy mutha. :-) I have asked a few of the big stars that I know why they don't get involved with stuff like this, and for the most part their answers have been "I can't subject myself to the possibilities that may occur from taking part in things like this." They also have told me that when you put yourself out here like this, it loses the mystique factor. In a way I can see the point....but only to an extent. It depends on what your views are.

My belief is I'd love to be "the people's artist." One that is not a rock icon, but a friend. Not a superficial star that can't be touched. I eat, I crap, and I sleep, bleed, hurt and cry just like everyone else. I'm not ashamed to admit that. Being real is something I've valued my whole life, and nothing will change that. I'm not here trying to show something I'm not, nor am I trying to sell albums being "the nice guy." This is the way I am 24/7, and I'll continue to be a part of this until it's just not humanly possible. But then again, is that even a credible statement? There are flights, traveling etc where you sit and do nothing while waiting to get to your destination. Have laptop, will post! It's as simple as that, so I think anyone saying they are "too busy" would be lying to an extent.

They forget how they got here. They forget that if it weren’t for the fans, they would just be a gift. What good is a gift that can never be appreciated? :-) So no worries, I'm just as happy to be here as much as those that are glad I am. They can say what they want about my music, my production or my views, but they can't say anything about the man inside. And if they can, they're either jealous or did something wrong to me and I retaliated. Yeah I can be a facetious lil bastid when I get provoked. (Said in a NY/Philly accent) LOL!! Thanks again Coco, I hope to talk to you soon!

Danny Danzi
http://www.dannydanzi.com

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Thank you! 59 Danny Danzi 06/03/2001 11:09AM
you're welcome 50 sfk kurt 06/03/2001 10:53PM
Re: you're welcome 44Turban06/04/2001 05:32AM
Re: you're welcome 57Mafia boy06/05/2001 05:44PM
The scene needs more like you 48 Coco 06/04/2001 08:31AM
Re: The scene needs more like you , Danny !! 44 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 06/04/2001 09:54AM
Re: The scene needs more like you , Danny !! 53 Danny Danzi 06/04/2001 11:55AM
Re: The scene needs more like you56 Danny Danzi 06/04/2001 11:39AM
Re: You guys are missin' out... 51 Don 06/04/2001 06:15PM
Re: You guys are missin' out... 46 Danny Danzi 06/04/2001 07:46PM
Re: You guys are missin' out... 54 Brian 06/05/2001 03:10AM
Re: You guys are missin' out... 49 Danny Danzi 06/06/2001 09:01AM
Re: The scene needs more like you 51Mafia boy06/05/2001 05:46PM
Re: The scene needs more like you 44 Coco 06/05/2001 10:31PM
Re: The scene needs more like you 55Mafia boy06/06/2001 09:52AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.