Re: Oleander and such
Posted by: Popefreak ()
Date: June 04, 2001 01:11AM

Assuming you mean the more rocking nu-breed bands from what you listed. Not the more poppy and melodic stuff, here are a few.....

From Zero-One Nation Under. This one really surprised me. It is probably a little heavier than the bands you mentioned, but damn is it good. Heavy nu-metal style guitar, but kick-ass vocals and melodic hooks. I'm not sure who to compare them to. It reminds me of the old Reese's peanut butter cup commercials. "You got nu-breed in my nu-metal! Well you got nu-metal in my nu-breed!" "Hey, this is really good!" Hopefully some of you will know what the hell I'm rambling on about.

Stereomud-Perfect Self. Bottom line: If you like Sevendust you will like these guys. Not to say they don't bring there own style, but some of the songs remind me of Sevendust. This band rises from the ashes of Life of Agony and of course the bass player was in Stuck Mojo and the greatest unsigned band ever: Still Rain.

Sinomatic-S/T. Just got this, but it sounds very promising. Straight up rock. The singer reminds me of someone. Can't put my finger on it. Maybe Michael Hutchence a little. I don't know. Anyway, really good production and great guitar sound(very important).

Ok, that's it for now. Any questions just post or email me.

Popefreak

Np: Amaze Me-Wonderland

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Oleander and such 76 ÇHRÎS 06/03/2001 01:07AM
Re: Oleander and such54 Popefreak 06/04/2001 01:11AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.