RE: tba
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: June 09, 2000 03:25AM

Pretty self-explanatory, boys:

TBA is simply To Be Announced. If the date isn't there it means it's the date, if the title isn't there but the date is, it means there's a date but no title. If nothing is there, it means they know an album is forthcoming, but everything else - the specifics - are to be announced!!

Geez......

Personally, TBA's piss me off, cause they get me all worked up and salivating in anticipation and unavoidably, frustration will set in when months and months go by and the oficial status is still "TBA". Then the record is pushed back, and there you'll be, a full 12 months later slobbering in front of your screen hoping for details and the artists will - very much ála Danger Danger - still be wondering if they should release it at all. And the TBA will still be there.

So my advice to you two folks is to interpret TBA as meaning Nothing. TBA = 0. That's the honest truth....it means nobody knows squat, least of all, the artists themselves. If they did know, you wouldn't be reading that tantalizing garbage known as TBA.

As far as I'm concerned, it's tantamount to me asking the record label info on an upcoming album and having them tell me "We don't know shit - TBA (Too Bad, Asshole!)".

Cheers,

Jack.
Beheaded Homo Apparition.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
tba 182 alfredo 06/08/2000 09:54AM
RE: tba 98 Susumu 06/08/2000 06:19PM
RE: tba 127 alfredo 06/08/2000 06:29PM
RE: tba 130 Susumu 06/08/2000 11:06PM
RE: tba120 Jack 06/09/2000 03:25AM
Well... 115 Andrew 06/09/2000 07:37AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.