AOR Heaven debate/US Postal point of view
Posted by: Popefreak ()
Date: May 29, 2001 08:15AM

Wow. You people are harsh on your good ol' US mail carrier.I am a mailman in a post office outside of Atlanta, GA. in the USA. First off, Brian I'm sorry your cd was broken, but you should have paid for insurance. It is rair for one to be broken, but it does happen.

On the other hand we have the package. Is it just a bubble envelope? If so, I'm surprised more of them aren't broken. If you the "shipper" don't let us know something is fragile, how are we supposed to know? All it would take is a small cardboard sleeve inside the envelope or a stamp on the outside that says, "Fragile. Do Not Bend.". Something to let us know to treat this package with a little more care. Something to consider Georg.

The Atlanta P.O. processes over a million pieces of mail a day. That is one P.O. in one city of the USA. That is a lot of mail we handle. I myself deliver thousands of pieces a day. If it doesn't say anything on it, it's going in the box. I'm sorry, but the shipper has to take some responsibility for the packing they do.

I'm not saying that we don't screw up. I know it happens. I have seen worse things myself. Bottom line is we offer insurance for a reason. @!#$ happens and if it does and it's insured we pay for it. No questions asked. The retailers reading this should also consider the way they pack things. A simple bubble envelope is not much protection for a cd going thousands of miles, changing planes and hands that many times. Charge a few extra cents for a cardboard sleeve to go in that bubble envelope. It works.

Ok that's it.

Your melodicrock mailman,

Popefreak

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
AOR Heaven debate/US Postal point of view49 Popefreak 05/29/2001 08:15AM
Re: AOR Heaven debate/US Postal point of view 47 Urban 05/29/2001 10:44AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.