Re: Planet X
Posted by: ddregs ()
Date: May 28, 2001 08:01AM

Hey guys,
you all rule!

Seriously,
you named some of the best "records for musicians" and for those who love complex music. Thanks for the update on Vinnie Moore and Tony MacAlpine!

Since there is so much fire in this topic, I'll add some up ;)
Vital Information: Paul, you named them, I saw them live two years ago and got my signed copy of the record from the four guys. Smith is probably a drum-machine turned into a man. What he can do is simply perfect. Coordination between arms and legs taken to the extreme, great taste, great feel, great speed... This guy is always improving! Will he ever stop? Gambale... Unreachable.
Anyway, the band in their last three records (Where we come from, Show'em where we live, and the new one) have gone into a more funky-jazzy direction. I prefer their music before, at the "more-fusion" era, with Ray of Hope and the previous records...

Flamenco a go go is really a monster record, as is the new BozzioLevinStevens record, Situation Dangerous, the best instrumental record I heard last year.

Liquid Tension Experiment... well I guess you all have the two masterpieces, Petrucci-Portnoy-Levin-Rudess...

Get the Rudess-Morgenstein project if you're a fan of Keith Emerson's keyboard style and Morgenstein drumming. I love that record.

If you love bass players, there is a great record out, Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey, Bass Extremes, where they play the hell out of their instruments...

Steve Smith... He did lots of side-projects (the man knows how to keep busy), I love Vital Tech Tones 2 (Henderson-Wooten-Smith) and Gambale-Hamm-Smith's The Light Beyond.

Well, I guess I spent too much money on these records. It's your turn now friends ;)

Ciao!

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Planet X 63 Paul 05/27/2001 05:57PM
Re: Planet X 45 ddregs 05/27/2001 10:19PM
Re: Planet X 65 Paul 05/27/2001 11:32PM
Re: Planet X 53John Q05/28/2001 06:21AM
Re: Planet X 53 Paul 05/28/2001 07:32AM
Re: Planet X54 ddregs 05/28/2001 08:01AM
Re: Tony Hernando !! . 50 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 05/28/2001 07:42AM
Re: Tony Hernando !! . 43 Paul 05/28/2001 07:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.