Re: Planet X
Posted by: Paul ()
Date: May 28, 2001 07:32AM

Hi John Q,

You started all this ;-).

Thanks for the details above. I actually have one of Vinnie Moores first few albums (Minds Eye). I was a big Mike Varney fan (who runs Shrapnel records) and was always finding stuff to buy. When the Australian dollar was okay against the mighty green back it was worth buying stuff over the net but at the moment it is too expensive. The freight charges kill it.

Alot of the intrumental stuff you guys can buy dirt cheap in the US is all on Import here and the prices make it only dream material or special occasion stuff.

I have managed to buy 2 CD's by Terry Bozzio/Tony Levin and Steve Stevens and they just slay me. (Black Light Syndrome and Situation Dangerous)

Ritchie Kotzen/Steve Howe CD Tilt is dynamic

Ronnie Montrose, Speed of Sound and The Diva Station are different

I have looked at buying the Vital Information CD a few times but didn't get there yet. They toured Aust a few years ago but I missed them.

If you want to hear something abit different, but very dynamic with exceptional production quality, have a listen to trumpet player Nils Petter Molvaer. He is on the German ECM label. ECM produces outstanding instrumental CD's.

Molvaer's CD's 'Soild Either' and the best one 'Khmer' are astonishing. Put it on, turn the lights off and crank it up. Stunning aural experience.

Thanks again. All the best.

Regards Paul

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Planet X 63 Paul 05/27/2001 05:57PM
Re: Planet X 42 ddregs 05/27/2001 10:19PM
Re: Planet X 65 Paul 05/27/2001 11:32PM
Re: Planet X 52John Q05/28/2001 06:21AM
Re: Planet X52 Paul 05/28/2001 07:32AM
Re: Planet X 54 ddregs 05/28/2001 08:01AM
Re: Tony Hernando !! . 49 Melodic Lover ( Spain ) 05/28/2001 07:42AM
Re: Tony Hernando !! . 41 Paul 05/28/2001 07:08PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.