Re: Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and ov
Posted by: Riffola ()
Date: May 29, 2001 03:49PM

I became a fan of Harem Scarem when I first saw the video for Slowly Slipping Away. I thought it was an great song and was instantly hooked on the band. Then Mood Swings came out and I was amazed. It was far far better than the original self-titled CD.

When Voice of Reason came out I bought the CD not knowing what to expect at all. On first listen I was unsure if I liked it that much. So I spun it a few more times and the song Blue really grew on me. So I continued to play the CD and the whole thing really grew on me, especially Voice Of Reason and I'll Be Brief.

Then came Karma Cleansing...yet another different album from H.S. I thought it was an OK cd and again the more I listened to it the more it grew on me.

Big Bang Theory, yet again, a differnet CD, but this time I took a particular liking to it, every track I though was very good.

I was thoroughly disappointed when they decided to changed to Rubber. I dubbed them as sellouts immediately. I heard the song clips online and wasn't particularly impressed at all. I thought 2 songs were decent and the rest were terribly weak. I bought the CD anyways, because I still wanted to support them. Somehow that CD grew on me too, It's not a favorite or anything but it's.

Ultra Feel, hearing the clips for this CD I was pleasantly surprised. Still not a great CD but a couple track you just couldn't help but enjoy, particularly Forgive, Hopeless, and Another Nail.

My ranking of their CDs (studio albums) from my favorite to my least favorite including favorite song(s) from that CD in parentheses:

1. Mood Swings (No Justice/Saviors Never Cry)
2. Voice Of Reason (Voice Of Reason/I'll Be Brief)
3. Big Bang Theory (Sometimes I Wish/Turn Around)
4. S/T (Harem Scarem) (With A Little Love/Hard To Love)
5. Ultra Feel (Forgive/Hopeless)
6. Karma Cleansing (Victim Of Fate/Believe)
7. S/T (Rubber) (It's Gotta Be/Stuck With You)

Harem Scarem slowly have worked their way to the top of my favorite bands list, tied with Def Leppard, whom I idolized in the 80s.

Hoping to see Harem Scarem sometime this year, I am in Canada afterall and still have never seen them. Come out west guys (Saskatchewan) and play some clubs!

Riffola

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and over 63Bighairnolonger05/26/2001 04:48AM
Re: Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and ov 48 shawn pelata 05/26/2001 05:14AM
Re: Harem Scarem/You read my thoughts!!!! 48 Don 05/28/2001 07:12AM
Re: Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and ov 62 Carl 1 05/26/2001 07:44AM
Re: Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and ov 54 Coco 05/26/2001 08:50AM
Re: Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and ov 45Phil 105/26/2001 10:56AM
Re: Harem Scarem - You have to play it over and ov63 Riffola 05/29/2001 03:49PM
Re: No @!#$ here 53 sfk kurt 05/26/2001 11:40AM
Re: No @!#$ here 48 Coco 05/26/2001 09:54PM
Re: No @!#$ here 49 sfk kurt 05/26/2001 11:20PM
Re: No @!#$ here 43Chris05/27/2001 04:22PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.