Er...that would be me!
Posted by: Surfpunk ()
Date: May 24, 2001 06:50AM

Bart,

The idea behind the Nu-Breed tag was to give people a 'box' to put all the new bands coming out that bring a 00's style and attitude but who seem to have the melodic sensibilities of the 80's. I generally hate tags, they're against all I stand for about music, BUT...they seem to work, and as you pointed out, it certainly seems to have taken off.

The bands that get put into the 'box' actually have a very broad range. From the likes of TSAR, SR-71, EVE 6 through to the likes of NINE DAYS, FAR TOO JONES, SUPERMINT and then AMERICAN HI-FI, DIFFUSER etc.
Basically though, they are new fresh acts. A New Breed of Melodic Rock that hold mass market appeal to both new and traditional melodic rock fans. Which, personally, I feel is more healthy than looking back to reformations of 80's bands to rekindle the spirit of rock. The 80's were great,I loved them, stillove those old albums, but the world keeps turning you know!

Hope that helps. Check some of the bands people recommend out. I've been put onto some @!#$ hot bands by people on this board under the Nu-Breed tag,

Later....

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
nu-breed fans, read this!!! 78 Marc Vanway 05/23/2001 07:08PM
Re: nu-breed fans, read this!!! 56 Bart 05/24/2001 06:03AM
Er...that would be me!56Surfpunk05/24/2001 06:50AM
Re: nu-breed fans, read this!!! 59Mafia boy05/24/2001 09:24AM
Already look at that idea mate... 62 Andrew 05/24/2001 07:53AM
Re: Already look at that idea mate... 59 Marc Vanway 05/24/2001 04:31PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.