Copycat bands / rip-offs......
Posted by: Mrpool ()
Date: May 23, 2001 06:51AM

After reading a post further down about comparisons between Warrant & Danger Danger, I thought I'd bring up this subject again.....

Is there any bands that irritate the @!#$ out of you, cuz they are BLATANT RIP-OFFS of some other band????

The worst one I can think of is Britney Fox. They are such rip-offs of Cinderella it makes me sick. Too bad, I actually did like their "Boys in Heat".....but..... the singer tries to look & sing just like Tom Kiefer....from the same town (Philadelphia)....I'm sure he went & watched Cinderella & studied the band & singer quite a bit. Hell, even the other members of Britney Fox look like members from Cinderella!

Oh well, the downfall of this whole era was partially because of this re-gurgitation/recycling of the image & music (80's metal/rock/whatever you want to call it). I'm sure Poison copied Motley Crue's look, D2 & Warrant copied Poison's look, Firehouse copied Warrant's look, etc, etc.........all the way to the end where you had the red-headed step-children Faster Pussycat & Enuff Znuff. After awhile, all these bands looked & sounded the same, all trying to cash in on the times. Thanks to them, it came to an end.

Opinions??????????

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Copycat bands / rip-offs......64 Mrpool 05/23/2001 06:51AM
In defence of Britny Fox 58Penguin05/23/2001 07:16AM
Re: In defence of Britny Fox 47Kieran05/23/2001 09:40AM
Re: In defence of Britny Fox 44 Jose Beaskoa 05/25/2001 09:00AM
Re: Copycat bands / rip-offs...... 39Buzz05/27/2001 09:13AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.