Re: mp3 storage problem
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: May 18, 2001 02:47AM

Hi Ralph,

Love the website, great work you folks do there!

About Mp3 storage, I have used myplay and it works really well.....you can preview the songs in a poorer-sounding format before you download them, and you get 3 Gs of space. I used to have an account on I Drive, but 50 Mbs is virtually nothing, so the accounts at www.myplay.com are infinitely better.

There is one problem, however......you would have to give the password out freely. Ordinarily, this shouldn{t be a problem, but I lost my myplay account, it simply disappeared one day. I wrote them and they said they didnt know what happened, that they could no longer find an account registered under my e-mail address. What I eventually concluded was that some bastard went in and, not content with downloading the songs, changed the registered e-mail address to his own and basically kept my account. I had handed out the password to tons of people in a Santa Claus spirit of - let everyone listen to rare stuff, I like to share.....and I got fucked for it.

So myplay is a wonderful storage solution......but I'm assuming that the RR account would grant access to any and all RR visitors.....so just be aware that if you give the password to the Rock Reunion locker freely, it may be changed or the e-mail registration address may be changed and then youll never find it again. I mean, it takes a real Bastard to do it and is unlikely, but not inconceivable. So just dont dont store anything irreplaceable.

For personal/irreplaceable stuff, your files will be safe at myplay, as long as you only give passwords to people you trust.

Cheer,
Jack.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
mp3 storage problem 68 Rage 05/17/2001 09:10PM
Re: mp3 storage problem77Jack05/18/2001 02:47AM
Re: mp3 storage problem 54 Rage 05/18/2001 05:21AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.