Melodic hard rock/metal
Posted by: Juan ()
Date: May 08, 2001 05:05PM

When I first visited this board I thought that all I was hear talking about was from hair bands. I was surprised when I read some topics on most obscure bands. So these are my two cents on some excellent melodic metal bands I am into and recommend to everybody:

- Nightwish (finnish band with a soprano singer that will blow you away, killer keys and guitar riffs, just check their latest "Wishmaster")
- Morifade (swedish melodic band with good influences from 80's era Helloween)
- Sonata Arctica (finnish band similar to Stratovarius, but better in my opinion, they even did mind-blowing covers of Scorpions "Still Loving You" and Helloween "I want out")
- Magnitude 9 (USA prog metal band with a killer vocalist and guitarrist)
- Anathema (from UK, first albums were death metal, now they are a mix of Pink Floyd with melodic hard rock, excellent band, just check latest "Judgement")
- Rhapsody (italian band that combines power metal, prog with Hollywood movies soundtracks, like having a full orchestra added to metal)
- Concerto Moon (from Japan, if you like Yngwie you will love this)
- Skylark (from Italy, the best symphonic power metal ever heard!!!)
- Heroes del Silencio (from Spain, they sing in spanish, gothic rock mixed with melody and one of the strongest and powerful voices ever witnessed by these ears)
- Pain of Salvation (from Sweden, heavy riffing, great melodies, some fusion/jazz influences and a really strong voice)
- Shadow Gallery (well, nothing much to say, only two worlds: BUY THIS!!! The best melodic prog hard rock/metal you can buy)
- Therion (from Sweden, imagine a full symphonic orchestra with heavy guitar riffing and tight drumiing witha full choir of sopranos and tenors as singers, truly an unique experience)

Thats all I remember by now.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Melodic hard rock/metal71 Juan 05/08/2001 05:05PM
Re: Melodic hard rock/metal 47Francesco05/08/2001 06:38PM
Re: Melodic hard rock/metal 51 dee 05/09/2001 01:08AM
Re: Melodic hard rock/metal 54 Tavas 05/08/2001 07:28PM
Re: Melodic hard rock/metal 51 Juan 05/08/2001 07:54PM
Re: Melodic hard rock/metal 51 Tavas 05/08/2001 10:31PM
Great list. 59 Popefreak 05/09/2001 10:33AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.