Re: the truth on yngwie tour
Posted by: lynchbox ()
Date: May 08, 2001 01:00PM

Bravo!

I spent the last 10-15 minutes reading the saga that plagued Lizzy Borden. I must say that I find it hard to believe someone would put that much time and thought into such a letter just to spread lies. In other words, I am siding with Lizzy.

I have friends who have met(or tried to meet)Yngwie on several occassions through the years. I have yet to hear anything nice said about him. I even know the man who has desinged his clothes since he arrived in the US from Sweden. From every source I've ever heard about Mr. Malmsteen, he ain't no picnic.
It seems the only way he can get people's attentions away from his BIG ego is to add more weight to his already BIG body. Although, that seems impossible after reading the latest on ol' Mr. Malmsteen. Some people never change. And Yngwie certainly appears to be one of those poeple who will not change. I'd bet if you asked him the definition of the word "humble", "considerate" or "compassionate", he'd look at you as if you were speaking in a foreign tongue.

You'd think in this day and age where rock and roll/hard rock/aor/heavy metal needs all the sales and concert attendance it can get, that there might be some sort of "wake up call" and certain bands/artists would realize that all of them working together benefits ALL of them. Stupid acts of childishness like this should not be tollerated.

Poison and any band they have toured with the last few years realize that working together, everyone can make out and afford to tour and play to a lot more fans. I'm sure not every band was ecstatic about opening for Poison, but they saw the big picture and decided it was the best thing for all involved. And guess what folks? It works. It sure beats playing to a few hundred people a night. Or less in some cases. The last time I saw Quiet Riot play in my town, counting bar tenders, waitress and fans...under 60 people in the whole building. I'm sure they're pleased as all get out to be on the Poison tour this summer.

So kudos to Lizzy for being the man in this situation, time and time again for doing things he didn't have to do. He lost money and had the opportunity to bail out before on a few occassions. He obviously saw the big picture...something Mr. Malmsteen can't do. For the benefit of the fans and for the cause, Lizzy is deserving of my respect.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
the truth on yngwie tour 88lizzy borden05/08/2001 10:27AM
Re: the truth on yngwie tour56 lynchbox 05/08/2001 01:00PM
Re: the truth on yngwie tour 63 lynchbox 05/08/2001 01:01PM
That sounds about right... 73John Q05/08/2001 06:37PM
Please e-mail me privately... 56 Andrew 05/08/2001 06:53PM
I believe it...... 55 Mrpool 05/09/2001 02:13AM
Lizzy posted it... 61joe05/09/2001 03:50AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.