Eddie Money down the tubes!
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: May 06, 2001 06:07PM

Okay, so I was at the Eddie Money site.......and they have a clip of a new song, Through The Eyes of a Child. And I think "Cool, he did a new version of it, or maybe will try to release it as a single!". To me, this was good news, because Looking Through The Eyes of a Child (which was released a track on the Greatest Hits disc) is probably my favorite EM song, one of his best - total AOR uptempo balladry.

I downloaded the clip.....hearing the new instrumentation was alright, but HE TURNED IT INTO A STUPID BASEBALL SONG!! Yeah, a stupid All-American type corny, cheesy baseball song. Like he's hoping they'll start playing it in stadiums or something, or maybe ABC or whatever network will start playing it during World Series transmissions.....I mean, I know it's the National Pastime, bla bla bla, but give me a break. A song with so much potential, maybe the best he's done and now the chorus goes:

Give me a baseball
A bat and a glove
I wanna keep playin
There's a saying:
It's the spirit of the game that we love

He tries to give it a cheap two-dollar, Hallmark Card romanticism...go listen for yourselves. I mean, I know he's getting old and @!#$, and he needs a new hit, but damn...it just reeks of trying to appeal to the masses and the lowest common denominator listener, and it isnt even going to work anyway...nice goin, Eddie.

Cheers,
Jack.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Eddie Money down the tubes!79Jack05/06/2001 06:07PM
Doesn't surprise me 46 koogles 05/07/2001 12:39AM
Re: Doesn't surprise me 58 Pender 05/09/2001 02:26AM
Re: Eddie Money down the tubes! 56 croman 05/08/2001 09:51AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.