RE: Mr. Danzi's operetta......
Posted by: Danny Danzi ()
Date: June 07, 2000 06:06PM

Hey Jack,

Thanks for the awesome response man! I totally agree with you on the Dream Theater thing too! I love 'em to death, but think they lose the average listener once in a while. But nobody can deny their incredible musicianship and talent as a band. We need one of those monster progressive bands for each decade, you know? Yes in the 70's, (who was before them, Gentle Giant maybe?) Rush in the 80's and Dream Theater for the 90's. I'm anxious to see who follows them man! If so, will they be paid by the note? ;-)

But I also agree with you on what you said in regards to me. It's gonna be different no matter what we do, but it will still sound like me because the band is based around my vocal abilities and guitar sound/playing. We may get a lil more progressive or groove oeriented, but we won't lose anyone. I got some killer players, why not let them show a few chops, you know? The thing that scared me the most is they are all capable lead singers! I hope they don't fire my ass!!! When we work out our harmonies it's like....."Wayne, you got this one man......nah Danny, let Fran do this, I'll do the next one, and Guy will say....fuck yas all, I'm doing this one!" Poor Andy Slostad is stuck with all the highs (mostly because he already knew them from recording with me and being in "Passion" before) and playing my guitar solo's when I do the vocal gymnastics and scats.

But I'm really excited about this project. And the band is too. We went from a few days a week rehearsal, to living here because we can't seem to get enough. It's a good lil family so far, and we seemed to get along as friends instantly....which is a bit tough when you get together with 3 strangers on my part, and all of them being strangers to one another. The lil inside jokes are already goin on, and the respect that everyone has for each other's abilities is astounding! We've decided to keep a similar "Danny Danzi" sound, but we won't say.....let's make this sound like something from SLIT." We're gonna do what we do and see where it goes. So far the pre-production phase has been a pleasure, and we'll probably do the full blown recording sometime after Z Rock US so we can concentrate fully on rippin at that show. We anticipate being done the album (with the way we're going at this rate!) in no more than 2 months from start time.

But like I said before, we'll most likely put up a full song that won't be on the album as a band before final release on my site. I'll keep you posted on things as they progress. But you can look forward to hearing a pretty interesting album if it continues to go like this. Thanks again for the comments, we'll definitely keep them in mind. Peace bro....

Danny Danzi
http://www.dannydanzi.com

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Mr. Danzi's opus? 200Jack.06/04/2000 09:32AM
RE: Mr. Danzi's opus? 123 Rogue 06/04/2000 03:12PM
RE: Mr. Danzi's opus? 123 Danny Danzi 06/04/2000 05:02PM
Mr. Danzi's operetta...... 138Jack06/07/2000 03:30AM
RE: Mr. Danzi's operetta......144 Danny Danzi 06/07/2000 06:06PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.