to RON...re: Dare
Posted by: Kevin ()
Date: April 25, 2001 12:00PM

I hear you speak about two albums'the 2nd being Silent Thunder. Is that his solo-album he also plans to release this year ??
By the way what will be the difference between those albums and isn't every new Dare record actually a solo-album

Ronald

sorry......didn't see this until today while browsing.

ok...here is the story that I know...

there are several demos from the post Blood From Stone sessions that were written for a 3rd album. They include "I Will", "Angel of Fire" and "I'll Be Your King", "Mercy, Mercy" and "The Waiting"--and several others. As far as I know, none of these have been officially released. Soundwise, they were a continuation of the BFS sound.

As far as current stuff...

Silent Thunder is a song on the new MTM sampler. I'm assuming it is a cut off the new album, Belief--the tracklist of which has yet to be revealed.

As far as the solo album, Darren has said it will be in the vein of classic Dare material. What the difference between it and the Dare album---who knows. It is possible that Darren is using the harder-edged material for the Dare album and the softer material for his solo album, but I don't know. There are songs floating around labeled "Belief Demos" that are very much in the style of CBTS, but a bit softer. Silent Thunder--which sounds like a rocker to me--is NOT in these demos. Whether they actually ARE songs for Belief--I don't know. Could be for the solo album. Or maybe a mixture of both.

If Belief turns out to be from these demos and is rather soft--ie not many rockers--then it stands to reason that the only difference between the Dare album and Darren's solo album will be the title. If this is the case, doesn't make much sense to release a solo album--just release another Dare album instead. The fact that there are 2 albums makes me wonder what the difference is...

Kevin

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
to RON...re: Dare86 Kevin 04/25/2001 12:00PM
Re: to RON...re: Dare 57 AORMAN 04/25/2001 05:59PM
Re: to RON...re: Dare 63 Kevin 04/26/2001 01:15AM
Re: to RON...re: Dare 68 RON (Holland) 04/25/2001 08:49PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.