Re: Mickey Thomas
Posted by: Jack ()
Date: April 26, 2001 03:59PM

Well, I remember that.....when was it? Ah yes - August 99. August 99, he played in Mexico City - at Reino Aventura, which is an amusement park....and we're not talking Walt Disney quality here, folks. They have one of those open air amphitheater things, and they played there. Some months later, Six Flaggs bought Reino Aventura, put a bunch of money to revamp & remodel the whole thing, cause it was pretty worn down.

I actually mentioned it back when it happened...It was pretty shocking to me, because I had never heard of anyone playing fucking Reino Aventura. Okay, so we don't have to talk about big stadium venues, obviously.....but even the smallish bands that are sorta famous & don't have much of a following play at places like the Teatro Metropolitan, which is a real venue for, I dont know 3 or 4,000 people or so, or even the Hard Rock Live (a concert place within the Hard Rock Cafe), which is even smaller, but at least prestigious. Anyway, they were billed as Starship featuring Mickey Thomas and the newspapers said it started to rain and most of the crowd just left to not get wet.

There were two other bands that played Reino Aventura.....erm, Survivor featuring Dave Bickler, and that Christopher-something guy......you know, the one that sang, "Saiiiiiling, takes me awaaaay....". The one they play in the supermarket in muzak form.

Cheers,
Jack.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Mickey Thomas 100 Brian 04/25/2001 10:51AM
Re: Mickey Thomas 60Kris04/25/2001 10:55AM
Re: Mickey Thomas 71 Brian 04/25/2001 11:03AM
Re: Mickey Thomas72Jack04/26/2001 03:59PM
Re: Mickey Thomas 72 Brian 04/26/2001 04:38PM
Re: Mickey Thomas 60 Michael Riesenbeck 04/26/2001 06:58PM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.