Re: Mr. Oliver Responds
Posted by: John Q ()
Date: April 25, 2001 10:41AM

Thanx, Crunch, for alerting us to DO's post - nice to get some insight into where he's coming from. I'll definitely have to check out that book he's in the process of writing - should be an awesome read.

It's too bad Derek can't put his talents to full use at Roadrunner. I wish he'd have gotten a chance to do a label like Portrait instead of Mr. out-of-touch, John Kalodner. I'm sure he'd have signed some great new talent rather than all these over-the-hill old farts and their subpar rehash.

Speaking of rehash - Mr. Oliver has hit the head on the nail where the state of AOR is concerned. The main reason why it's all gone underground is that it's been done, copied, photocopied to death, and diluted - and you just cannot improve on perfection. You can not expect something to sound as fresh now as it did in '84 - even if it's done well. That goes for every genre, of course - music is in perpetual motion, as it should.

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Mr. Oliver Responds 105 Capt. Crunch 04/25/2001 08:08AM
Re: Mr. Oliver Responds65John Q04/25/2001 10:41AM
Re: Mr. Oliver Responds 73 REBEL SON 04/26/2001 09:42PM
Re: Mr. Oliver Responds 82mark kennedy04/26/2001 11:25PM
Re: Mr. Oliver Responds 59Mafia boy04/27/2001 09:34AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.