Thoughts on Rubber
Posted by: Benno ()
Date: April 18, 2001 03:06PM

G'day all, just a few thoughts on the Rubber material. My interest in all things Harem Scarem weigned some time ago and have traded most of my HS discs away. But I've never heard them as Rubber and thought, what the hell, lets see what this stuff sounds like, I've heard all the descriptions like modern feel and pop and comparisons to SR-71 and bands of their ilk, may as well see for myself.

I grabbed samples for Forgive and Hopeless and played them a couple of times each. Well its dead average to these ears, and what lets the material down more then anything in my opionion is Harry Hess' voice. His vox just don't suit the music. I'm not saying he's got a bad voice, on the contrary, I think he has a great voice, but for me it just doesn't fit.

Now rumour has it that they will record another album as Harem Scarem (is this fair dinkum anyone?) and return to rock, that's a bit hard to imagine after listening to this stuff. Ah the unknown future, its a beautiful thing innit.

Cheers and beers

Benno

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
Thoughts on Rubber79 Benno 04/18/2001 03:06PM
Re: Thoughts on Rubber 49Surfpunk04/19/2001 03:38AM
Re: Thoughts on Rubber 53 Coco 04/19/2001 05:28AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.