Re: Not sure about this yet
Posted by: godslonelyman ()
Date: April 19, 2001 01:36AM

Well, I haven't heard any of the new material aside from "Breathe" and "The Saint" from a poor live recording off Napster, but I can tell you seeing them live in '99, and reading interviews and articles describing the sound they are going for on their new album that they are definitely rejuvenated and ready to rock. They described their new sound as something like Led Zeppelin meets Cream, and very heavy. For me maybe it's a little different since I've been anxiously anticipating this for a few years and never stopped being a fan, but I'm hoping that they get some airplay this time around and pick up some new fans. I hope you will be pleasantly surprised.
If you haven't heard their cover of the Doors Wild Child from last year's tribute Stoned Immaculate, check that out, or even Ian Astbury's excellent solo album Spirit/Light/Speed.
Also, here is an excellent site that has a bunch of info, articles, pics to check out if you feel like reacquainting yourself with the band (and a very active messageboard too): http://www.coastnet.com/~jtaylor/cult.html

Navigate: Previous MessageNext Message
Options: ReplyQuote

SubjectViewsWritten ByPosted
The Cult "Rise" 6/5/01! 71godslonelyman04/18/2001 03:09AM
Not sure about this yet 52 Benno 04/18/2001 02:17PM
Re: Not sure about this yet51godslonelyman04/19/2001 01:36AM

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.